New Server

Sunday, May 30, 2010
I had one new server start this weekend. I prepped him before Mass, paired him up with a more experienced server, and told him to do whatever she told him. After Mass, I greeted him at the back and asked, "How did you do?"

He looked very serious as he explained, "At first, I was very nervous. Then I calmed down when I realized I was doing exactly what I was supposed to be doing..." He paused.

Listening to him, I was seeing a major religious revelation in front of me. I was hanging on his every word, and thought to myself, "Wow, here is a very holy child to be serving at the altar of the Lord."

Then he continued, "I realized I was where I should be, up in the spotlight with everybody's attention on me."

I groaned inwardly. So close, but so far.

2 comments:

Teresa B. said...

That would have been my daughter a few years ago - waving at her friends. She served once and was pulled off the roster by the coordinator - me!
Hopefully his heads shrinks before someone makes it shrink.

Andrea said...

LOL:)

Site Meter