Loose Ends

Sunday, July 25, 2010
I have been tying up a lot of loose ends at work and making sure that as many programs as I can have people to continue them at the parish. Just because I am going, I don't want to see the children go back to having absolutely nothing at the parish. Hence I was delighted today when I got in touch with a possible volunteer coordinator and she agreed to come in - immediately! - and find out what she needed to do to run one of the programs. This is one of our largest and oldest programs at about 45 years and still running, so I am relieved that someone has finally agreed to take over. It was the one worrying me the most. The other smaller programs I created now have great volunteers to run them, and I hope that before I go, I can find someone to do a simple task - altar server coordinating, which shouldn't be too time consuming. I am going to ask one of the senior high school girls who still serves for us.

I came home from work this afternoon and started some cleaning up for the move. I have two giant garbage bags of clothes, some of them virtually new, to go to Goodwill, and I got rid of some broken things that I have had hanging around but haven't had the guts to throw out yet. The next step is to see what things are residing in my locker in the building; I'll tackle that when boyfriend is down to help me load the useful things into his car.

On a totally unrelated note, if you've got some spare time on your hands, I've been reading a fantastic book. It was last year's Giller Prize winner and I haven't been able to put it down: The Bishop's Man by Linden MacIntyre.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I just finished The Bishop's Man -- a great read, but ultimately, it just made me feel sad.

I'll be curious to see what your reaction is.

Andrea said...

Isn't purging because of moving totally therapeutic?

Good luck with your re-location!

workister said...

Meg: I loved The Bishop's Man. I couldn't stop reading it. Very real and very much a human priest like those I work with every day.

Andrea: It certainly is. I do love throwing out things without apologizing for it, and starting fresh.

Site Meter