Bucket List

Friday, April 23, 2010
I got called into my second job today for the first time in two months. I haven't been in for quite a while because of illness, my primary job, and travel, so waking up to the phone at 7:01am this morning came as not much of a surprise and a relief after spending quite a bit of money on myself last night going to see a movie and then buying a few spring pieces.

The boys kept me on my toes today. I had to teach Spanish, Italian and French; only two of those languages I have studied before. Yikes. A friend on the faculty very kindly helped me print out the "Our Father" in French and Italian for the later classes. I have no idea why the boys seem to be concerned about my non-school activities, and usually I don't bother to reply. One, however, asked me pointedly today where else I work. I told him I was a youth minister, and he replied, "Aww, geez, now I feel like I have to be *nice* to you." If I had known that was all it took...!

After work, I headed downtown to cross something off my bucket list. The cherry blossoms have bloomed and they are simply breathtaking. I spent some quality time wandering around photographing them.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the second language?
A+S G

workister said...

I did Italian in my undergrad.

Site Meter