Jesus Has A Mild Concussion

Sunday, May 2, 2010
For reasons I can't logically explain, our smallest altar server decided she would carry our big cross in the procession yesterday. The cross is actually lighter than the candles we have, but it's a little top-heavy and it's taller than our doorways so you have to walk with the cross like a spear to get into and out of the church proper, lest we whack Jesus' face on the doorframe.

The server did very well all in all. At the end of the Mass, however, I saw her processing towards the door and she seemed oblivious to the fact that the top part of the cross with Jesus' head wouldn't fit through the doorway, so I motioned with my arms for her to bring the cross down and walk with it sideways.

The obedient little girl tried to bring the cross down but misjudged the weight up top, and WHAM!, the cross and Jesus' face slammed into the floor. Her mouth fell wide open while both the presider and I laughed.

I reassured the server afterwards, "It's okay, Jesus just has a mild concussion. He'll be just fine in the morning."

0 comments:

Site Meter