Field Trip

Sunday, June 13, 2010
I took the youth group on a field trip this afternoon to play laser tag.

I declined to play myself, preferring instead to sit with the pile of sweaters and bags the kids left at the door, all the while checking the score of the Germany-Australia game on my cell phone.

Some of the kids wondered why I didn't want to play. I responded, "I'm actually a professional laser tag player, and I'm currently the national champion, so it's best that I don't play with amateurs and besides, if I did, I would take every single one of you down."

They looked at me, mouths open, and didn't bug me about it again. :)

Four of them surprised me with a bouquet of flowers and a thank you card at the end of the meeting; I was really surprised and touched by their kindness.

0 comments:

Site Meter